Thank God for increased border security and keeping those darned immigrants out of the country. Now that they can’t come over to California to pick pears, Americans are now free to do manual labor for a few bucks an hour. Right?
Apparently not. It seems the pear crop is rotting because the farmers can’t get those folks who work for less than minimum wage (and can’t put up a fuss since they’s illegal), and for some reason, no Americans are running up to get those jobs.
Whaaa?? I’m shocked. Come on, Minutemen! Get those Americans off their butts and to the pear orchards, forthwith!
- California Life
- California Politics
- Campaign Tactics & Analysis
- Debunking Politicos Pundits + Spin
- Democratic Party Chatter
- Gov. Doofinator's Follies
- Instant Runoff Voting FAIL
- Links of Interest
- Los Angeles Politics
- Political Direct Mail Archive – 2006
- Political Direct Mail Archive – 2007
- Political Direct Mail Archive – 2008
- Politics of Political Reform
- Pop Culture & Society
- San Francisco Politics
- Website News