Loyal readers will recall that a mini-crusade started by me earlier this month began to take a life of its own when the New York Times picked up on the story, a tale of rules, ethics, and common sense in a time of change.
Savannah Blackwell’s latest column has an update including coverage of the Ethics Commission meeting last night, which gave us no final ruling on the issue at hand – that rules governing campaign conduct haven’t been updated to account for the new realities of Ranked Choice Voting.
Until then, we’re going forth with our campaign, determined to strike a blow for freedom of speech and cooperative campaigning. We probably won’t get a final ruling anytime soon – stay tuned!
© 2003-2006 Greg Dewar | All Rights Reserved | Originally Published at www.schadelmann.com
- California Life
- California Politics
- Campaign Tactics & Analysis
- Debunking Politicos Pundits + Spin
- Democratic Party Chatter
- Gov. Doofinator's Follies
- Instant Runoff Voting FAIL
- Links of Interest
- Los Angeles Politics
- Political Direct Mail Archive – 2006
- Political Direct Mail Archive – 2007
- Political Direct Mail Archive – 2008
- Politics of Political Reform
- Pop Culture & Society
- San Francisco Politics
- Website News